Seating stem for accubond LR bullet

Pauleye

I'm loading 260 Remington using Nosler Accubond LR. Me RCBS seating die dimples the round. Does anyone know the part for the stem to relieve the crease on the bullet. Thanks

Have you tried lapping your present stem with the bullet for a better fit?

Dimple marks can also be the product of excessive neck tension or heavily compressed powder charge.

I'm not sure what you mean by dimple. Dimple implies an indent which could mean excessive force to seat the bullet as noted by dok7mm.

I noted the RCBS dies for my dads 30-06 when using 180 accubonds (not LR) push the tip down enough to create a slight bump at the tip to jacket interface. When I get the time, I'll drill out the stem a bit. He never shoots it so the first 50 rounds I loaded have lasted 10 years for him.

I also have a 338 NM die where the seating stem left scratch marks on the bullet. I called RCBS and they sent out a new stem which still left some scratches on the 300 Berger's but they were very light. Might lap if it keeps bugging me.

You didn't mention your die brand. Redding has a VLD seating stem available. No marks from Forster for me.

I know Hornady has replacement seating stems made specifically for EDL-x type bullets with long pointed ogive`s. I would think any good brand die manufacture would have replacement stems catering to the long range type bullets?

The lead is so soft in the ABLR they all leave a slight ring.
I tried a Lee and Hornady custom both leave a light ring.

The lead is so soft in the ABLR they all leave a slight ring.
I tried a Lee and Hornady custom both leave a light ring.

I had to buy the special seating stem separate, the original stem in my Hornady die was leaving a slight ring on some brands of long range bullets, including the ABLR. The special stem cleared that problem right up for me!

My apologies for bumping an old thread but I seated 20 ABLRs 168 grain over 45 grains A4064 in 308 lightly compressed and all the bullets were very lightly deformed just below the ballistic tip. Does RCBS not offer additional seating stems like other die manufacturers?