seating accubond long range bullets

jotrot

do I need the vld seating stem to seat accubond lr ? if so will it work with traditional bullets also.

thanks for your time

joel

do I need the vld seating stem to seat accubond lr ? if so will it work with traditional bullets also.

thanks for your time

joel

Good question. I'd like to know too since I'll be picking up the VLD seating micrometer for the Bergers and possibly the SMK and 300gr Accubonds.

I seat them with a Redding Competition seating die... As far as I know it doesn't have any certain seater plug.

Nosler 270 150gr ABLR length @ 1.390 and ones I'm shooting are 1.420/1.425 and nose length is .635 and Berger 150gr VLD nose length is .616 listed in their manual.

I've shot few Nosler 7mm 150gr and nose length is .715 which is about 1/2 bullet length.

I got VLD seater stem for the Berger bullets and using them Nosler ABLR also. I shoot the Berger 7mm VLD 168gr and their length is 1.450 and Nolser 168gr ABLR is 1.490, so just guess but I say nose length both bullets be close.

This is from Wilson site on VLD stem

VLD Drift - For VLD bullets
Direct replacement for the standard stem that comes with our bullet seating dies. Reamed with steeper angle, designed to grip lower on the bullet then the standard stem.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.