Seater die for 285gr eldm

Would i be incorrect to assume that the fl die could be used in place of a redding body die by simply removing the bushing and expander/decapper rod? That would be a big bonus for me incase i end up not liking the fl bushing route and decide to go back to sizing in 2 steps using lee collet neck die and seperate body die.
That's above my pay grade. Hopefully someone else more knowledgeable will take that one

Would i be incorrect to assume that the fl die could be used in place of a redding body die by simply removing the bushing and expander/decapper rod? That would be a big bonus for me incase i end up not liking the fl bushing route and decide to go back to sizing in 2 steps using lee collet neck die and seperate body die.
Anyone?

Honestly I just don't see the reason to run a neck die then a body die - If Your goal is keeping an eye on neck tension your better off running a Redding full length bushing die in my opinion.

Honestly I just don't see the reason to run a neck die then a body die - If Your goal is keeping an eye on neck tension your better off running a Redding full length bushing die in my opinion.
I dunno why it works, heard a few opinions/theories why it works but for me it just works. When I first started reloading I asked a few guys at the range and ask on a forum how I could milk some more accuracy out of an AR-15 build with a 223 Wylde chamber and I got the same answer a couple of times which was to get myself a lee collet neck die and redding body die and run them through the neck die then experiment with adjusting the sizing die just far enough until reliability wasn't an issue and then go a tiny bit more. About that same time I also started double-checking each charge using a gempro scale but just doing those two things shrunk my groups so much that it got me hooked on reloading. I'm not a big fan of change so I usually don't change things when I feel like they are working. After a few recent upgrades though I started to realize that maybe I have been making things harder on myself than I need to just because i hate change. When I started to think about upgrading seater dies it got me thinking about maybe upgrading to some bushing sizing dies to see what all the hype is about. I figured if I didn't like the full length bushing die I wouldn't be losing out on anyting if I could just take the bushing out and use it as a body die to bump shoulders.

It is a never-ending issue though I get started on one thing in the next thing you know I'm so far down the rabbit hole I don't even remember how it got started. Just a few days ago I mentioned another thread that I had no desire 2 get into neck turning or checking concentricity..... I spend half of the day today thinking about getting one of the new Hornady Precision measurement stations even though I already have all the comparateur inserts and researching neck turning.

If you have a ritual that works for you then definitely stay with it - accuracy is our number 1 goal. If it works - keep at it.

Havent got to use them yet but bought the hornady fl match set. I also picked up one of their custom grade seaters for 300wm and I like that a lot so im sure ill like the one for 338

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.