Searching the Forum

royinidaho

Had a really long and flowing post going here.:rolleyes:

To get to the point: How does one search on more than one word, as many as 3, 4 or 5, huh?

I've never be able to successfully figger that out:eek:

The forum has a wealth of knowledge/experience in some very good posts. The objective would be to be able to use previous posts as a "knowledge base" rather than attempting to repeat what was said from memory, or tell a person to do a search.

roy, I like to use the search by user name then type in a key word. If you haven't used the search by user name it is quite handy. All you have to know is the first couple of letters of someones name and it automatically finishes it for you.

If I don't search by user name then I usually search by title only (not the entire post). As far as multiple words I like to use "quotes" around one or more words and if that doesn't work I use all words "quoted" separately. As a last resort I will search by entire post and I usually try that both ways with the quotes.

Ive never not found anything I was looking for. The toughest thing for me is not knowing what (or who's) names have changed.

Some of these hunting forum search thingsrequire a comma between words. Some cant find numbers, like 243 or 3006. Here if I seach for 338 I have to use Edge or Win or Lapua after the number and connected to it or it wont search correctly.

Searching a forum for info one needs is great if more users would do it before they post asking for info. If you look at much older forums like Huntingnet or Realtree a lot of the posts are repetitiously repetitious(yawn). And then there's always the prepubescent 'who here hunts turkeys' posts that I wont even begin a rant on.

Happy searching.

silvertip-co,

Just did a search on "prepubescent" and as I figgered yur the only one that has ever used it on the board. There otta be an award for that.:D

Thanks guys, I'll give it a go......

Our search feature will utilize most standard "boolean" functions. Ok, Roy, do a search on that word!

For example..."use quotes on both ends of a phrase"

OK, I'll apply all due diligence in searching here that one should apply when trying to sort out an elk part way back in the trees on the far away ridge.;)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts