SE Texas Feral Hog Population?

DoneNOut

I've hunted NW Texas for 20yrs. Not one bad trip. Vermin reduction with many kills per trip. So, I might be going SE of San Antonio for a bit. How's the hog population out that way? Between San Antonio and Victoria?

Are you hunting free or just public land pigs? Just three buddies who wanted to go on a few day trip and kill some. We have done some easy basic hunts like deer, antelope, and are wanting some pigs. We looked last year (internet stuff) and it seemed like where the most hogs were was private and they wanted anywhere from $150-450 a day. Called main number and TPW gave us about same general information as we found on internet. Not really interested in driving 4k miles to Texas for a couple pigs. Any suggestions on who to contact or where to look. I fully understand and am not asking specifics just some info on how we can put the effort and find a decent pig hunt.

I plan to hunt free private ground through networking or public ground. If I have to pay, I just won't do it.
Yep, that is how we got some decent public and a few private hunting areas. Texas is just more than we normally drive, and mainly why we have not just drove down and gave it a go. Getting cheap in our older age. I also don't just ask someone to take me to their hunting spots. They are too hard earned. Thanks and I hope you stack a pile of them up.

The population of hogs is high across that entire region. If you're staying a bit more south than you are east you might find some javelina as well. As always, finding public land to hunt, especially in that region, will be difficult.