Sd public land wt

mmgravy

Awesome buck. Due to a massive heart attack I was not able to join the rest of our crew in West River this week. The other three took bucks in the same class as yours. It has been quite a year for antlers in South Dakota despite EHD problems. Same holds true in North Dakota. Congrats on you buck!!

Scott E Ames

LRH Team Member
Strong work. Nice when you don't get a back busting drag after shooting a great deer.

johnnyk

Nice buck! It has been a good year for bucks here in my home state of N.C. also - but not that good!

I see you have a Burris rangefinder scope. How is it?

Biggergun

on the sherman it is the first deer i have shot with it and am impressed, wanted to shoot my antelope with it, but things happened to fast and shot with a different rifle my trusty 257 dgr, also a awesome caliber, i will be shooting a elk on monday in wyo with the 6.5 sherman, and hope to find a good muley yet in the black hills. the burris scope laser has been flawless in testing, took a bit of shooting and tweeking to get the correct drop # programed in started at 133 and ended at 110, set at 750yds, i set up 8in steel gongs 200,300,400,500,600,700yrds and lasered and fired and was on all of em. the one 1 non res tag took 7yrs pref this year, he camped next to me, and is still up there as far as i know. i has 3 res pts and got lucky. since only 10 res tags....here is the first buck i shot in the park in 2016 with the 257 dgr and 100gr ttsx at 3300 fps, its a necked down 260 rem with no fire forming

Attachments

• deer 2016 2.jpg
    deer 2016 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
  • deer 2016.jpg
    deer 2016.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36

Win.308Stealth

You better have gutted, loaded the deer in your truck real quick and be out of there. If not, kind of hard to explain to a game warden how lucky you got shooting him that close to the road. Lol.
A game warden I know in MN, told me that they always look for people who are field dressing deer next to access points to public lands. Says it means one thing- deer was shot on side of road, loaded and brought here.
Nice rifle and Awesome deer.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.

Recent Posts