Scratching my head.... SET ME STRAIGHT

I love this mic drop of a post here... no words, just the reloading data - THANK YOU.

By using this information, if I go into my chart and change the BC from 0.623 to 0.681 as well as my averaged chronograph speed the trajectory is just about dead nuts! I appreciate the help and support from everyone.

Question - why do all of the libraries in the ballistic calculators have the same standard BC listed? I wasn't aware that was just a starting point and I thank those that questioned my BC earlier. I think this solves the case and I can use my chrono speed (which I am going to do again) as well as the new BC to rebuild my charts and move on to verification. Once I verify at different ranges and the point of impact is off, should I be concentrating on adjusting speed or BC or both?
run a G7 BC it more closely resembles the type of bullet that actually is also if you can on your solver run multiple B C's
A93B8F41-AFBF-4DE6-AEB3-EF1C6F593B2A.png
A93B8F41-AFBF-4DE6-AEB3-EF1C6F593B2A.png

I appreciate your thoughts and advice, however if you read through all the posts I did chrono after I posted to verify and it was still not up to snuff. I've enabled atmospheric conditions in my ballistics program which automatically updates to my position. My rangefinder also reads the atmosphere to give the firing solution so I'm covered there. My drop only changes 1/8 minute at 680Y from sea level in Virginia at 90°F in the middle of summer from 2200' ASL at 25°F in December in Pennsylvania. Point being is that the elevation and weather changes don't really come into account at those differences.

My trajectory verification hitting at ranges is actually going to prove the speed at which my bullet is traveling. I'm just happy I've got a fast barrel.
Sorry for the miss read and after reading alot of the other comments sounds like that's the case! I also have a fast barrel on my 6.5cm getting the 143eldx going all the way to 2940 (6.5prc territory)

Sorry for the miss read and after reading alot of the other comments sounds like that's the case! I also have a fast barrel on my 6.5cm getting the 143eldx going all the way to 2940 (6.5prc territory)
Soooooooo, you have a magic rifle then. That is straight up 6.5prc speed. Do you have a 40" barrel or something

I don't know what some of those words mean, but I'm sure you're telling the truth. Do you know why it's happening?

It's a shillen 26" barrel, and it has their special 4 Grove rifling that has a sharper edge on one side of the land than the other. This combined with the fact that it only has 4 groves/lands means that it effectively spins the bullet while exerting less pressure on the bullet. Also my Dad works somewhere where they do PVD coating witch infuses metal coatings on through a radio-atmospheric process. He swears the coating didn't go down the barrel but I don't have a note scope to see. Since being PVD coated the barrel has picked up 75-150fps using similar powder/bullet combination s from before.
(PVD coating is what is on the slide of the new Sig pistols and alot of surpresors. It is thinner and more durable than cericote and is also self lubricating

I don't know what you paid to get it pvd coated, but if I can another 75-150fps and a paint job at the same time, it seems like it would be worth it. 😂

run a G7 BC it more closely resembles the type of bullet that actually is also if you can on your solver run multiple B C'sView attachment 245386View attachment 245386
Thanks for the book cover. My ballistic app offers the Litz option as well. I'm using ballistic AE on the iPhone while mobile and this is where I've entered all of my original data. It looks like you are using the same app but there are some options on yours that I haven't seen before such as the atmosphere std. I'm also going to start using the G7 drag model since that does actually more resemble my bullet choice. If you are not using ballistic AE can you tell me what you are using so I can download it?

Thanks for the book cover. My ballistic app offers the Litz option as well. I'm using ballistic AE on the iPhone while mobile and this is where I've entered all of my original data. It looks like you are using the same app but there are some options on yours that I haven't seen before such as the atmosphere std. I'm also going to start using the G7 drag model since that does actually more resemble my bullet choice. If you are not using ballistic AE can you tell me what you are using so I can download it?
I'm using the Shooter app it is $10

I feel like lots of dudes shoot 140 class bullets in 6.5cm at 2900+ with RL26
You are correct. RL26 is the magic, not the barrel. I got over 3000 fps with it and the 143 ELDX in my Creed. Ran out of case capacity before I could find pressure. Settled on a very accurate load at 2950 fps. Had a friend clue me in on using RL26. Couldn't believe I got that kind of speed and accuracy. Considering getting rid of my 6.5-284 Norma now that my Creed basically equals it in performance.

You are correct. RL26 is the magic, not the barrel. I got over 3000 fps with it and the 143 ELDX in my Creed. Ran out of case capacity before I could find pressure. Settled on a very accurate load at 2950 fps. Had a friend clue me in on using RL26. Couldn't believe I got that kind of speed and accuracy. Considering getting rid of my 6.5-284 Norma now that my Creed basically equals it in performance.
Run RL26 in your 6.5-284 and it will walk away from your Creed.

Run RL26 in your 6.5-284 and it will walk away from your Creed.
I may revisit it since I have a full 8lb jug of it and don't have to hoard it for a couple of pet loads. I use RL23 and get 2997 fps with the 140 VLD. RL26 pressured out where everything else did in my old barrel, so that's why I didn't really try it.

I may revisit it since I have a full 8lb jug of it and don't have to hoard it for a couple of pet loads. I use RL23 and get 2997 fps with the 140 VLD. RL26 pressured out where everything else did in my old barrel, so that's why I didn't really try it.
I used reloader 26 in my 6.5x284 Norma and got up to 3100 ft./s before I saw pressure but it was not as accurate as my load using reloader 23 going 2980 ft./s

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.