Score High Gunsmithing

whiskey3

I am considering shipping my rifle to Charley Robertson at Score High to have a muzzle break installed. Anyone have any experience with score high? Does a muzzle break have any effect on accuracy? BTW the rifle is a 700 classic chambered for 300 Wby. I am also considering have them drill the stock and ship a pillar bedding kit back with the rifle.

I have met Charley, nice guy and a friend of mine had him build a 700 in 243, I think, He is very happy with the work

You would be very well served to have Score High perform any gunsmithing work on your rifle. He's built one rifle for me, pillar/epoxy bedded two other rifles, and has guided me on numerous other projects as well. The rifle above is at his shop right now for a rebarrel/rechamber to a 338 Edge.

He's a very meticulous, methodical, knowledgeable, and experienced smith, that knows the little calibers and the big ones.

His work is top notch, and I give him and his crew high marks when asked about the work they do.

Charley's work recently received some recognition, as he built the rifle that won the 2010 F-Class Open.

Great smith. Tell him your goals, ask for a recommendation, and prepared to be satisfied with the results.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.