Scopes, spotting scopes, binoculars and range finders

ADMIN

Administrator
If you find a broken or inoperative like please let us know. If you have a link you'd like to have added, please let us know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am new here, came on to pick up a little knowledge. I have a Mcmillan game scout on order should be heret soon. It will go on a custom Montana stainless L/H barreled action with a 26" fluted barrel in .264 win. Probably every one is wondering why not a 26 nosler, but I have messed with lots of different 6.5 rounds up to the 6.5 x 300 wby. A good accurate .264 loaded properly isn't all that far behind the 26 and I have years of experience with the round. I want a long range rig that is light enough to pack on my back up a hill.
My next problem is finding a scope that isn't to heavy but will give me some long range options. Hope there might be some good suggestions here.

This maybe the wrong place to ask but I have a question? I have a Custom .338 Edge I mounted a Vortex Viper and shot about 125 rounds sighting it in and finding a load. Used it mostly for Target punching but got some Berger Hunting 300 Grain Hybrids and was excited to try them.
Got an Antelope tag and shot 9 aggravating rounds and missed every time. Last 2 shot were under 200 yards. Got mad and went to put the rifle back in the truck and and the front nut fell off the ring mount. Loose Scope!!
O.K. long story for the problem! Is the a recommended torque (in/lbs) that I should be using. Or even Lock tight?

Thanks for bearing with me!

And what about BUSHNELL??
I really like their ELITE LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 with illuminated G3 reticle for long range hunting here in Nevada. It sits on my 6.5 PRC X-Bolt Pro.

Eric B.

huntintoo,
SCOPE RING TORQUE SETTINGS:
I have a WHEELER torque wrench and set my ring screw torque to 25 inch pounds and my base screws to 40 inch pounds. LOCTITE BLUE goes on all scope mount screws.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts