Scopes for Africa

CUTTER1

Have a 14day Safari planned for RSA and Zimbabwe with Cape buffalo, Nyla,Sable top priority! Will use use 470 NE with Aimpoint for Buff, but was taking my Blaser R8 with 375 H&H and 300RUM barrels for plans game but can't decide on scopes for each barrel. Options for 300 Leupold VX6 3-18 MOA, VX5 3-18 Firedot, or NF ATACR 4-16x42 MOA!
For the 375 thinking of a NF ATACR 1-8 or the new Trijcon Credo HX MOA 1-8 (Got the hard sell on one at Dallas Safri Club)
I have both 34 and 300 Blaser Mounts! And all but one of above scope so.
My significant other in bringing a custom LR 28 Nosler (yes using 195 Bergers) with 5-25ATACR which she shoots well and both of us have taken many
Big game with! Will use it for a few LR Antelope.

I looking for suggestions from this trusted members.

Sounds like a great safari. Planning is a big part of the fun. Let me give you a scenario. You find a big sable or Nyala at last light in the brush. He's only 45 yds away, but the light is getting low. Which scope is going to allow you to make that shot? Low magnification on a first focal plane scope won't do you any favors here. Partially depends on where you plan to hunt the sable and Nyala. Bit of difference between the East cape of RSA and the Limpopo and Zim. East cape you might get some longer shots. The Limpopo and most of Zim unlikely to shoot over 150 yds. Hope that helps a little.
Bruce

Good point with FFP was only reason I looked at the Trijicon which is FFP but in 1x still has a rectical you can see plus a lighted ring and a bigger objective!
All the other scopes are SFP! Also have used the Trijicon in 3 gun competition that is similar to this scope which is supposed to be designed for DG and heavy recoil!
My standard wt Blaser 375 recoils harder than the 470NE! The NF 1-8 is a great scope but have questions if it's the right scope for Africa! We are hunting Limpopo and northern SA & southern Zim

Ive never had my FFP cost me a shot.Ive mountain hunted for years in grizz country,going in the dark and up the mountains 100's of times.I would have no problem using anything you listed there.Most important to me Is be familar with your equipment

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.