scope

rifle hunter

any one try a regular rifle scope on tac 15 will it ruin a good scope dont like the one that come with it need more power thanks for the input

any one try a regular rifle scope on tac 15
I have not. I am using a Hawkeye XB30. The XB30 has what they call a Speed Selector, which changes the magnification. Which is to say, cross the XB30 off your list.

will it ruin a good scope
Not to my knowledge. If you are thinking about "kick" or recoil, then the TAC 15 has very little. Any scope that can handle the recoil of a deer rifle can handle a TAC 15.

Hi rifle hunter,
I do know of a multiple TAC15 owners that are using everything from Redfield scopes to ACOG's and everything in between on their TAC crossbows. All work very well, but the reason many shooters have chosen to use the cheaper Accushot, Hawke or other air rifle or paintball scopes is because they can get away with a scope that does not need to stand up to any recoil with these crossbows.

The TAC15 / 15i produces almost no shock or recoil of any type at all when fired. Between the shock absorbing cable stops and if you were to put a good Limbsaver Quad for Split Limbs, you would see more vibration come from a pellet rifle than from these crossbows.

Many good quality scopes are designed to be able to withstand the shock and recoil from a high powered rifle or a shotgun. Also, your better quality scopes are designed to support long range rifle shots of a couple hundred yards. These scopes are really designed for shooting at distances up to about 150 yards with a crossbow.

Regards,

Jon

Typically, the better the quality scope you put on your crossbow, the better the optics clarity and performance you can expect.

In any case, you need not worry about any type of negative impacts to the Leupold scope caused from using it on the crossbow.

Regards,

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.