Scope

idcwby

I’m going to open the can of worms. What is everyone’s recommendation for a scope that would go on a CVA Elkhorn Magnum? I’ve been shooting 150gr of T7 pellets behind a 300gr Nosler Ballistic Tip.

BFD Guns

LRH Team Member
Burris. They offer the best world class scopes at the sub $200 price range I think they're stupid. My most trusted scope is a $110 Burris 2-7X35. Killed more deer than probably everyone on this site combined. Lol, but not really lol.

Deputy819

LRH Team Member
I put a Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15x42 on my SML this year. The glass is brilliant, the scope has a ton of features and it’s built like a tank.

For your consideration..

AZShooter

I chose the Nightforce SHV 3-10 x 42 for my Rem Ultimate MZ. It has the illuminated center with the forceplex reticle.

Here is what the reticle with illumination looks like:

Pointers

Just put a Vortex Razor 3-15x42 LHT on my smokeless really nice Illuminated reticle light weight and built tough as woodpecker lips

idcwby

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Those all are more scope than this gun needs or can utilize. Maybe someday when I get a very accurate in-line, I’ll get a scope to match.

Deputy819

LRH Team Member
Those all are more scope than this gun needs or can utilize.

🤣😂 Well, like you said….
I’m going to open the can of worms.
Hard to know what to ‘recommend’ without specific stated requirements. However, here’s an afterthought. Good luck, Sir.

idcwby

🤣😂 Well, like you said….

Hard to know what to ‘recommend’ without specific stated requirements. However, here’s an afterthought. Good luck, Sir.

I didn’t realize people put that caliber of scopes on muzzleloaders. I’m thinking I need something similar to the Leupold you suggested, it would give me the bars to hold over to 300 yards.

Deputy819

LRH Team Member
I didn’t realize people put that caliber of scopes on muzzleloaders.
Well, smokeless muzzleloaders are known for being ‘healthy’ in the recoil department and that’s why I chose a Trijicon scope….they are built like proverbial tanks and the glass is exceptional….in my opinion, of course.
I’ve also been a firm believer in spending just about as much on glass as I do the firearm it’s going on….when possible.
Considering you’re shooting 150gr of 777 and a 300 gr bullet I would think recoil might be a little ‘above average’ for the black powder platform and I wouldn’t leave anything to chance. Having said that, the Leupold would probably serve you well. Good luck, Sir. 👍