Scope without breaking the bank

They have a 30mm tube. They weigh twenty-three ounces. The reason I have three is because they are crystal clear throughout their range and are pretty good in low light. When compared to all four Swarovski z5 5-25X52 I HAD at the same time the z5 required at least 1X more to see the same detail on my optics chart; which is 127 yards from my porch where I compare optics. They last longer in low light than my Minox 13X56 binoculars but not as long as my Minox 15X58.
Thanks for the information Rich, Income tax time is coming!

I have owned a couple of Sightron scopes. Still have a 3-9x36 SII Blue Sky. The SIII have a good reputation for solid tracking. I have never owned one but have always thought of them as a potential value scope for the future.
I've got 2 siii s and love them. 6-24 might be a lil much for hunting tho. I Also have a stac on my 243. It's 4-20x50 and I loved it as much as the siii but it has covered turrets which the ones underneath are just as nice as the siii s. I'm having to send it back currently tho bc it got blurry above 18 power.

Long range scope you say? I've got 3 I'll mention. I have a couple of Bushnell 4.5 X 30s that I like a lot. One of them has been on my full custom 338 RUM for all 600 rounds. That rifle is a beast and the Bushnell just keeps on ticking. It also consistently shoots under 0.5 MOA and the 30 power helps in doing that. I've got a Viper PST 6X24 on a semi custom 260 Rem. Love that scope and have had no issues though there appears to be a significant number of people that have had issues. And I have a Leupold VX-6 3X18 on a semi custom 28 Nosler. I paid around $800 for the first 2 I mentioned and around $1,250 for the Leupold. Only the PST has exposed turrets (which makes it less compact than the other two) but it is simple to spin off the turret covers on the others. I love the pop up to zero turrets but the PST doesn't have that feature. I would not want to give up any of these scopes but if I had to choose I'd take the Leupold. No point in telling you which of them looks the best to me as they are all good enough and you should look through them all and judge for yourself.

Athlon Midas or ares, both very nice scopes. Argos is ok, it will get the job done, but the Ares is in a class of its own.

Swfa Super Sniper you know it will never fail you.

I just traded my athlons in bc I moved over to mil. I got the Burris XTRs and, holy crap, they are built like tanks. Haven't shot them yet, but their build quality and glass are very impressive.

Midas ~ $600 30mm SFP
SWFA ~ $650 30mm SFP or FFP
Ares ~ $750 30mm SFP or FFP
Burris XTR II ~ $1000 34mm FFP

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.