Scope that fits my needs under $1000

7 rem mag, 700 blueprinted, 26" rock creek barrel rem varmint , MCM A5 stock, standard bdl bottom metal, Jewell hvr trigger and DE cheek riser. If I was going to go to the ultra I would have done the wyatts box and DE brake also. I liked the greybull stock as well but got the A5 (used) for 50 bucks more than I would have got the greybull, I talked to Travis after I had already purchased my stock and he said good things about the greybull I believe he has on his 7 RM. Those areas I see on your videos are perfect for longrange hunting. I'm hoping to find some good one of my this year in the alpine or maybe pasayten. Thank again for help with getting to a spot this last year for the high buck ;) I have the same scrren name as on the hunting washington forum, small world

Looks like we have similar components.

Yeah the stock has good reviews and seems like a good balance between a hunting/tactical stock.

I was going to go with the 7RM, but with the idea of eventually wanting to shoot elk way out there the numbers suggest the 300 (even though the 7 will get the job done).

Looks like we have similar components.

Yeah the stock has good reviews and seems like a good balance between a hunting/tactical stock.

I was going to go with the 7RM, but with the idea of eventually wanting to shoot elk way out there the numbers suggest the 300 (even though the 7 will get the job done).

Yes I agree with this. It was going to cost me a little more to go 300 and I figured buy the time I had enough expierence to hunt that far out the barrel wiill need to be rebarreled anyway.

Good catch on that floating dot, for some reason I hadn't noticed it before and thought it was the standard x with MOA hashes. If they made a MOA reticle with the crossing reticle and had covered turrets I would be completely sold on the sightron. Also just checked and zeiss conquests are IPHY
This site is awsome. I never even heard of IPHY until I read this thread. I have a Conquest with target turrets that for the first time last weekend started using for dialing yardage. I put this on my 6.5 Creedmoor so I can shoot it until my Sightron comes in. I assumed it was MOA and used a ballistics program on my phone and put in MOA. My adustments did not work. I thought maybe my muzzle velocity was much lower than originally thought(I do not have a chrono). I read this last night and went out this morning after changing my program to IPHY and I was able to dial and hit targets out to 865yrds. My new personal best.

This site is awsome. I never even heard of IPHY until I read this thread. I have a Conquest with target turrets that for the first time last weekend started using for dialing yardage. I put this on my 6.5 Creedmoor so I can shoot it until my Sightron comes in. I assumed it was MOA and used a ballistics program on my phone and put in MOA. My adustments did not work. I thought maybe my muzzle velocity was much lower than originally thought(I do not have a chrono). I read this last night and went out this morning after changing my program to IPHY and I was able to dial and hit targets out to 865yrds. My new personal best.

Glad it helped :cool: have fun gun)

You will be very happy with the Viper PST 6-24x50 . I have two of them and one backordered. Dollar for dollar you cannot beat the features and quality. Theres a reason in the past thirty days the price has went up over a 100.00 and you cant find one one the shelves. THEY are great optics.

There are definitely better glass than the Viper PST but not for under a grand.
With the same features, maybe not. Weaver IMO has better glass than the PST and features are quite close. If you're looking for a hunting scope then there are plenty to choose from with much better glass.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.