Scope Suggestions

justgoto

I bought an Bushnell Elite 3200 a week ago and sent it back after it went bad on the 20th shot. Everything about the scope was satisfactory for my 30-30 except the lifespan.

So I have been trying to find a scope or sights that will get me further than my stock iron sights have, (400 yards,) and I really have no idea how good any of the scopes are, and I don't have any clue as to what most of the sights even are.

I was thinking that $200 would get me a halfway functional scope but I am hoping $300 is going to do the trick now.

Does anyone know of a durable scope for $300 or less?

EDIT

And I would like it to have a 1" tube so I can use the new scope mounts I bought for it.

Last edited:
If you want a variable power look at the Nikon buckmasters you should be able to find the 6-18x for 300 or less. It's tough to beat in a variable power in that price range.

I wouldn't judge all Bushnell Elites by one bad scope.All brands of scopes can fail,some more than others.I have two 4200's and two 3200's and they have been holding up well on a 300WSM,7mag and two 270Win. rifles.I think they track well,have great clarity and hold zero as good as anything in their price range.I also have a Zeiss Conquest and I really cannot say it's any better than the Elites.

Burris Fullfield II- or similar - this is a solid scope, it holds up well, has great glass, and will take a pounding, I've had mine for a year on a sporter class rifle that I get a lot of use out of,, actually over winter I was working at the range and had the Burris FF II, and it was low light, sun had been down for a while and the dark was beginning to cut any kind of range vision, but looking thru the Burris was like looking thru a tunnel of light, I swear the light collecting ability on this thing was excellent, I could still see bullet holes at 200.

The Bushnell 3200 should also be good too, I'm not sure what went wrong, but I know 99.5 times out of 100 that scope is rock solid. Maybe if they would have replaced it I don't think youda had a problem from there.. but Iknow what you mean, once it goes bad, you cant get the bad taste from your mouth.

Check out Zeiss Conquest also, may run you a few extra bucks but it's a good scope for the price.. also heard good things on the Sightron SII.. http://swfa.com/Sightron-SII-Riflescopes-C175.aspx

Good luck

When my refund check gets here I will just buy another 3200. I am not finding any information that lends me to believe $100 more is going to buy me durability.

I hope it was a fluke. :/

For $350 a nikon Monarch 4-16x42SF has clearer glass and a lifetime warranty and a great reputation on this forum. Are they as tough as Luepold? Few scopes are, but I would be willing to bet they are much tougher than the 3200.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.