Scope suggestions for 22lr

Canhunter35

Anyone have some good scope suggestions for a 22lr. I would like a target turret to dial with an stretch the old 22 out a bit.

I just went through this dilemma. Trying not to spend a grand. I bought a UTG that has all the whistles and bells, Moa lite reticle, target turrets, 2-16, and $250. I like it. However it's heavy and I do not trust dialing the turrets. I use the reticle. Tagging in hope someone has a better idea.

Last edited:
Need to spill more info on what you want out of the rig. I run .22LR match rifles with everything from 3-9x's all the way up to fixed 16x's, 24x's and 36x's. I love my fixed 36x44AO for what it's meant for but it'd suck for a lot of other things. My 3-9x would absolutely not do well trying to do the same thing I do with the 36x. I figure you'd probably not find fixed power high mag to be what you're looking for though.

In general you're going to want really reliable tracking from the turrets. You'll want the parallax adjustable down to something silly close and variable magnification with a good low minimum and a moderate top end wouldn't hurt. So:
https://swfa.com/swfa-ss-3-15x42-tactical-rifle-scope-3.html
700 bucks, you get everything I listed. If budget is a problem you can eliminate the variable mag and save a grip of cash with something like https://swfa.com/swfa-ss-10x42-tactical-30mm-riflescope-6.html at $300. It's not too much magnification but it's also enough to reach out a good ways. Great turret tracking on both and parallax adjusts to like 6m.

Those are just a couple really good options but they show the range. You could also look at the Weaver T series. I use T24's on a couple rifles. They're fixed 24x so not the easiest to use real close in.

I need to shoot darn close and would like to stretch it past 100 to 200 yds.
I've ran a cheap center point with a mil-dot reticle for years on my savage mk2 btvss. I've successfully taken it to 300 yards but that takes me a few shots to dial in. I've got 2 crows at 245 yards with that setup. However I'm looking for a higher quality scope I can dial.

The SWFA's are a good option. One of the few scopes to give really reliable tracking at a budget friendly price point. Lots of my students and fellow competitors use them and we're all pretty demanding of solid tracking.

I like 22lr Rifles. I have two Kimber mod 82's, Winchester mod75 target & mod69,
Anschutz match64 & 64sporter, Ruger77/22, & Savage mod19. Favorite scope on any is Leupold vari-x 6x18 fine duplex, nice magnification, not overly large and not real expensive!

I have had a chance to go do a tall target test with the UTG Accushot, 20 rounds. This little scope worked flawlessly. Only time will tell if it will hold up but for now I think I found THE 22lr Scope. I really like the lite center reticle. This scope not only comes with the things I listed above it also comes with covers, rings, and turret locks. The 3 to 12 model is under $130 at Pyramyd Air. Be sure to check for a 10% off coupon if you decide to buy from them.

Last edited:
I'm running a brand new Nikon Prostaff Rimfire II 4-12x40 BDC sitting in Leupold PRW rings on an EGW picatinny rail on my custom 10/22, but since the Nikon Rimfire models have a set parallax at 75 yards, I am thinking about getting a regular Prostaff 4-12x40 BDC that has a parallax set at 100 yards, since I sight-in every rifle I have at 100 yards.

morning, old redfield 5 star 4x12x40. Ruger M77/22magnum and Bushnell 10x30x50
Ruger 10/22 target bull barrel. watch the paper jump out the holes
on the 50yrd target. rem. green tip 22 magnum and Winchester 22HP.
lots of fun shooting sparrows, squirrels, grackles and many varmints.
GBOT TUM

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.