Scope suggestion

Mid range for me is 500. All SFP Leupold VX3 or Burris Fullfield 4 for hunting anything I want to eat. Pigs don't count as they are edible vermin. For other things Vortex Viper. Shooting targets and vermin FFP or SFP.

I get it. The optima has great glass for their price point. I have a couple VX3 Leupolds and a discontinued VXR that have performed well over the years. My trusty deer hunting rifle dons the old VXR. I like the illuminated duplex for quick target acquisition in the dark woods.

Hello everyone, I am looking for a good mid- range scope with good tracking and repeatability. Not a competition shooter or something that's constantly dialing and going back and forth but something that when I need it to dial I know it's going to work no questions asked.
I like the huskamaw scope myself. Works every time

In the $500 range, the Meopta Optika6 has terrific glass. I have one and it compares very well with my VX6, both identically configured.

In the $500 range, the Meopta Optika6 has terrific glass. I have one and it compares very well with my VX6, both identically configured.
I cant speak to this scope only my Meopta glass. Compared the 15x56 binos so Swarovski and they were a curly one under and I had to study to see the difference. The extra 1500 to me was just for green armor and a little bird emblem.

I cant speak to this scope only my Meopta glass. Compared the 15x56 binos so Swarovski and they were a curly one under and I had to study to see the difference. The extra 1500 to me was just for green armor and a little bird emblem.
Depends on how much time, and what conditions you glass.
I have 15x56 Meopta Meostar S2 HD, had them for about 8ish years. 5 years on an old pair that got dropped, and a replacement pair for about 3 more now.
I also have a pair of Swaro SLC NEU 15x56.

Bright daylight, good conditions, the Meopta is 95% of the Swaro. A little fisheye around the edge, and edge clarity is where it falls off. I actually really like the color in the Meoptas, maybe even a touch over the SLCs.
But, get into the first 15-20 minutes or last 15-20 minutes of legal light, looking towards the sunrise/sunset, and the Swaros kill the Meopta. Not even close. You go from seeing a nearly dark hill 2 miles away, to seeing deer/elk clearly on those hills.

Hello everyone, I am looking for a good mid- range scope with good tracking and repeatability. Not a competition shooter or something that's constantly dialing and going back and forth but something that when I need it to dial I know it's going to work no questions asked.
The best advice I was ever given when I was a younger shooter relating to buying a scope was; "clarity over power" everything else is mechanics. Good luck... Cheers

For mid price range dialing scopes, I have had great experiences with tracking, RTZ, and holding zero on NF SHV's; SWFA 3-9's, 1-6, and 6X's; and Bushnell LRHS/LRTS's. Other brands I've tried, not so much. I like a lot of features the Leupold's have to offer; unfortunately, I've lost the faith.

I like the SWFA MQ reticle for aiming at game, and the glass on their HD line is way better than their price point would indicate, at least to my eyes. I wish they'd cap the windage and offer a low profile, locking elevation, but is what it is. IME the 3-9 is by far the best scope going for $500 and it comes in at 19 ounces.

Ill not tell you what i think of the bushnell matchpro 6x24 but do read the reviews on it because for under 1000 bucks i really cant see anyone getting a better scope and according to the reviews it may be turning the prs world upside down