Scope suggestion

The_Whitetail_kid

Hello everyone, I am looking for a good mid- range scope with good tracking and repeatability. Not a competition shooter or something that's constantly dialing and going back and forth but something that when I need it to dial I know it's going to work no questions asked.

If you're going to dial, SWFA and Nightforce seem to be more commonly referred to as "less likely to fail" at some point. SWFA clearly being the more value friendly option. SWFA has a pretty great sale on black friday.

Sightron s3.
Leupold Vx6
Leupold vx5

Having owned all of these they are very good. I like the locking turret on the leupold a lot and the feature rich Vx6. I am not sure if you consider that a mid range scope tho. The 6 is not cheap. Strictly on a budget I lean toward the vx5 or S3. It's really a toss up on those so it'll boil down to price, reticle, weight, features. Both are dang good and both will serve you well.

FFP ....Tract Toric, SFP....Sightron , Trijicon Tenmile, ...alot of real good scopes for decent prices. All I can tell you is optics are just like rifles, the better you have, the better you want.....just looked through a Zero Compromise Optic scope($4k) 2 weeks ago......yeah, it's that good...rsbhunter

FFP ....Tract Toric, SFP....Sightron , Trijicon Tenmile, ...alot of real good scopes for decent prices. All I can tell you is optics are just like rifles, the better you have, the better you want.....just looked through a Zero Compromise Optic scope($4k) 2 weeks ago......yeah, it's that good...rsbhunter

Hoping the Sightron SV SS ED @0-50 with MOA reticle be ones available soon....I have Sightron Siii's and love them.....if the SV is better with the ED glass and fine adjust parallax, it will be all ill need... rsbhunter

Consider Element optics. They have three different price points/offering depending on your idea of mid grade and how much you want to spend.

Mid-range can mean different things to different wallets. If you are looking to spend $1000ish on a hunting scope, I don't think you can go wrong with VX5HD. Reasonably light, love the zero stop, and great clarity. I've heard a number of people state the clicks are too soft, but it doesn't bother me. The Nightforce is an excellent scope for the dialers. It is heavy, but almost indestructible. My eyes can't really tell the difference between the Zeiss, NK, and Lupy in the same price range.
Good luck and have fun shooting.