Scope sight in issues? Suggestions?

scope: Burris Veracity 5-30x50
Mounts: NF 20MOA rail
Rings: Burris extreme tactical

Went to range today to dial in the new mount... all mounted properly, rings lapped, level mounted...

Scope would not dial up to target center... 1.5 feet below target or more is as far as it would dial up.
Suggestions?
Move to medium or high mounts? Or other?
Thanks
Mighty man
If you are dialing up you are going the wrong way and probably hitting way low. Try dialing the other direction. If you look at the target through the bore are the crosshairs way high?

if you are looking down the inside of the bbl at a centered mothball and then look through the scope and the croshairs are below the mothball, then your point of impact is HIGH and you need to dial DOWN till the crosshair and the BBL are pointed at the same point on target. People get it backward quite often. In your situation, if you simply raised the gun so that the scope was centered on the mothball, then your point of impact (where the BBL is pointed) will be ABOVE the mothball. This makes perfect sense with a 20 MOA rail on. As long as you have enough travel in your scope to dial DOWN to get your zero you are golden!!!

Good luck and have fun,
Tod

No the bore is on the target
And crosshairs way low
No more adjustment to raise
Wow...that sounds like the scope. Ring height wouldn't make that much difference and I don' think it's possible to mount the base backwards.

Unless it's an illusion? The scope looks really high at the eyepiece and low at the objective. A lot more then 20 moa by the look of the photo, but that would make it shoot high, wouldn't it?

Thanks for all these great ideas and also the Mothball trick and the chart previously sent..
Great ideas and I'm thinking I'm not as far off as I thought I was...
So will work on these ideas and get back and let all know how it goes.
Thanks for all the ideas and support!
Great team here on LRH
Mightyman

I think the suggestions are right on to solve the problem. But I want to suggest one additional thing you may have to do when you go out next time. You may run into the zero stop when dialing the elevation down. If so, readjust the zero stop to give you more adjustment range. I think you'll get there.

Shtr is right from my experience with my Veracity. Loosen the 2 set screws on the turret and pull up on the turret knob and retighten the screws. If you do not pull the turret knob you will not gain enough to adjust the scope. I had the same issue until I pulled the turret knob up. This should solve your problem. Once sighted in loosen set screws turn to 0 push down untill it bottoms and hold then tighten screws again. Hope this helps.

Thanks to all for the great comments and suggestions!
I will try this soon with the screws and report back.
Out of town on business and will do soon.
Great suggestions and help guys
Mightyman

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.