Scope sight in issues? Suggestions?

To clarify your scope reticle is looking into the ground and won't come up to target or your bullet is going into the ground and won't come up to target?

The crosshairs are 2ft below center target and won't adjust up.
It's a 5 foot target mount so, not looking in ground but won't adjust north to center off target.
down fine... L&R fine... bullet must be gong in dirt under target...

When bore sighting.... move it the opposite way you want...Or rather where your crosshair is pointed. I think you want to try click down.

Last edited:
Ok thanks for the help and suggestions... will give it a try another day... never had this issue before... always professionally mount, hit range.. bore sight , dial in, shoot and go...
The dial just won't go north... new scope, and 6 clicks or so north it stopped..down is fine...windage is fine..
But will recheck everything, inc measuring rings..
Thanks for the help guys..something else comes to u.. let me know.
Mightyman

Click it down, and it will come right on to target! Attached is a sketch to show you what I'm trying to say. The bottom is what will happen when you shoot, and if it hit paper, you would crank it down.

Attachments

• 20180403_132018.jpg
    20180403_132018.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 117
Ckgworks
Thanks
Oh the days when I just used to mount, get some federal shells and Kmart rings..shoot and hit..
My son got me addicted to this stuff as he is a 600-1000 yard shooter..and now it's like putting a Webber grill together

Ckgworks...
So I may have had it... but backwards! Ok
Let me give it a shot next week.
Thanks for the drawing.. that helps a lot!

I hear you on the days of simplicity....
Been there myself a whole buncha times! o_O and only remember the solution half the time.:D Sometimes the solution is the simplest one, at least I hope it turns out to be that simple! Good luck!

I'm thinking/hoping this is going to be your problem. Which is very good, because that means it's a cheap fix!

Yes I am also...and if it doesn't...and is the scope?
The Burris has a LT warranty...and I will send in..
If it's the rings..mount?easy fix, and I have spares.
If not..then I will get my son, who is an expert (so I've heard) to fix..(4hrs away though)
And if that don't work
I will use my 1977 Marlin 3030, open sites, and say the heck with it..

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.