Scope Selection

Blacktail

I have a 7mm STW I had built and havent had much of an opportunity to shoot much distacne killed a few deer out to 350 with it. I switched to a leu 4.5-14-40 CDS and had the opportunity to shoot 500 yards and tried the turret after a couple windage corrections was pretty happy. unfortunately i realized anything past 500 yards would probably need more magnification. What scope would u guys suggest? i was kicking around the huskemaw idea but kind of pricy and heavy compared to leupolds the gun is at 9 pounds scoped now like to keep it close to that maybe a cds in a 16 or 18 power? throwing the 14 on my .270. thnx

I have had very good luck with 2 Bushnell 4200 6-24 Tactical scopes. 1 is on my 7LRM and another is on a 300RUM. Both rifles have brakes. The scopes track perfectly, maintain their zero, and have had zero other issues. I also recently purchased a Vortex PST 4-16 and can say I'd buy another if that's all the magnification I wanted.

I'm holding out for the Leopold VX6 4 x 24 with B&C recticle, yes it's a little pricey but you will never wish you had more or less magnification.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.