Scope rings

Cliff; Floyd has inspired me to offer you either one of the 2 sets of scope rings I have left on hand as shown below! They are all new and un-used! If you would send me your address I will ship them to you for free.
Thank you for your offer sir but my buddy told me this morning that I should not purchase/do anyting scope related. Attached to his comment was two thumbs up and a huge smiley face. So I'm guessing I'm going to be receiving a package soon.

Last year I replaced all of my Leupold rings and bases. 5 rifles...I'm all about budget.

Many here say you should buy one rifle, spend the money once, cry once! Buy the best of the best!

Great philosophy but I can't do the one rifle thing...I'm a more is better kind of gun owner.

Any way I've gone with EGW bases and and Vortex Tactical 30mm rings. I have the 5 rifles mentioned above plus two 6.5 Grendel AR's with those rings.

With a little over a years use, not one single screw has come loose.

I only shoot to 600yds and even with me doing the the shooting...my guns are all MOA or less at 600yds.

Oh...no marks on the scope either...I have one scope that is all scratched up from a Leopold ring coming loose.
I do have a couple of rifles that are the buy once cry once variety. But this whole build me and my son and buddy got going on it's just for kicks. If and when we decide to take it to the next level I'll buy something top shelf . Just like you said most of the time I'm all about budget

Thank you for your offer sir but my buddy told me this morning that I should not purchase/do anyting scope related. Attached to his comment was two thumbs up and a huge smiley face. So I'm guessing I'm going to be receiving a package soon.
OK! Just couldn't help myself to offer. I am a retired Gunsmith and FFL dealer. I still have some items I would like relieve myself of. Keep us posted on your progress!!!

Does anybody have suggestions on a set of scope rings $50 or under. They will be for a picatinny rail no MOA cant 1 inch tube. It'll be going on my 783 6.5 Creedmoor.
Just a word of advice....just because you will be using average rings it doesn't mean you need to over tighten/torque them! That can be a major mistake. No more than 22-25 inch pounds on the rings and the Vortex for the price are actually very good

Just a word of advice....just because you will be using average rings it doesn't mean you need to over tighten/torque them! That can be a major mistake. No more than 22-25 inch pounds on the rings and the Vortex for the price are actually very good
I Agree!!! I have a "FAT WRENCH"! to use on rings and other such parts like stocks. Don't over Tighten/torque them!!!

Burris signature Zee rings. 30mm is about $58 on ebay or optics planet. Try e-cop, they have great prices. Id try the new tactical posi rings. Not sure the price. I have signature zee rings on almost all of my guns. 2 rings hold a 1-4 handgun scope on a contender 45/70. And 223. And my 300s. Nough said!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.