Scope Rings

truck driver

With all the different brand of scope rings on the market it gets harder to make a choice of which one to use.
I've been looking at Lueopold, Burris Signature Z, Warne,Talley and Zeiss.
The Rings I decide on will go on a 300wby. with a Zeis Conquest 4.5-14x44AO.
Dollar for dollar which are the best?

Seekins or Vortex(same rings as far as I can tell just different package). I have been rec. burris zee rings also. I just like a little more heavier ring.

Brent

I wish they made the signature rings in low & I would be all over them. I might try shimming the rear base on dual dovetail mounts.

For me, it is an application dependend situation. On my lower recoiling rifles or rifles that don't get the crap kicked out of them I really like the Signature Zee rings. On my heaving recoiling magnums or "field" guns, I move on to heavier duty rings with an increased clamping surface area.

I've used:

Burris XTR's- For the $$ amount, there decent, but lower on the totem pole.
Leupold MK4- Only ring i've ever seen that broke due to over torquing
TPS- Not much surface area but very well built.
NightForce- 'nuff said

My current favorite ring is made by American Rifle Company. They're expensive but have really fit the bill for me, I will be ordering more in the future.

PS- I was told that Seekins makes the Vortex Rings.

t

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.