Scope rings height.

Buster95

I don't know if someone can help me but I have a Savage 110 HS Precision with a EGW 20 moa base and a Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24X50 scope (30mm tube) and I'm interested to buy Burris XTR Signature Rings for this rifle, but which height, they come in 3 different height, 1.00 in, 1.25 in and 1.50 in, any advice which one will be the correct height? Burris XTR Signature Rings are not available in my area so I have to order them online.
[h3][/h3]

Find attached a Scope Mounting Table, with mounting heights of about a dozen adjustable rings.

Matthias

❌ Attachment:
Scope Mounting Table 30mm

Attachments

• SCOPE Mounting Table.pdf
    286.3 KB · Views: 346
Or a call to the chosen ring manufacturer, most are very accommodating and can give you the exact part # to fit. Burris has been helpful in the past. Good luck

I am going to say the 1" ring height.
50mm objective should clear any barrel profile. If I hadn't just got a new phone on Saturday, I could send you a bunch of photos on scope height with .82, .87, and .92" 30mm rings with various 50mm scopes.

34mm tube, 50mm objective, .94mm rings, Proof Sendero contour
20210723_150707.jpg

30mm tube, 50mm objective, .82" rings, Proof Sendero contour
20210719_210213.jpg

30mm tube, 50mm objective, .87" rings, CA CF barrel
20210606_080210.jpg

In some cases, I have found the ring height I settle on is the one that lets me shoot the most comfortably and effectivey. Once I know the minimum height so the bell clears the barrel, I then balance the height of the rings and check rest height with how my far neck has to "bend" to get a comfrotable, clear view of a target in the scope. On occasion with a couple of scopes, going a little higher made a positive difference.

I have essentially the same scope, pst, on an EGW base with .990 EGW rings and I'm sure the .850 rings would have worked fine. Mounted on a rem 700 LR. You may have to watch for the extended front on the base because that interfered with the front bell on another scope I mounted with their base and .850 rings on a different rifle. Went with the .990 rings on that one too. I'm considering cutting the front extension of the base and using the shorter rings on it.

I don't know if someone can help me but I have a Savage 110 HS Precision with a EGW 20 moa base and a Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24X50 scope (30mm tube) and I'm interested to buy Burris XTR Signature Rings for this rifle, but which height, they come in 3 different height, 1.00 in, 1.25 in and 1.50 in, any advice which one will be the correct height? Burris XTR Signature Rings are not available in my area so I have to order them online.
[h3][/h3]
I have 3 of these excellent rings; 1 1.00" and 2 1.25". You need the 1.00", and in some instances, even the 1.25" will work depending on your stocks comb or check rest set-up or your desired clearance preference. "I" like mine between 1/4-3/8".

Great question.
All shooters face this challenge...
Not all of us shoot off the bench all of the time.Large ocular lenses make height requirement taller.i like a hunting rifle scoped as low as stock configuration allows.Bench shooting fairly high,Prone or "F"class shooting possibly even taller.Shooting with head erect compliments better balance...I made an instrument to measure eye pupil center to top of receivers....each in standing,sitting and prone positions....patents are applied for...
Have a friend help you get this measurement...