Scope Rings for Western Hunting Rifle

Reacher913

I have a custom rifle I built based on a Defiance Ruckus GA Hunter action, chambered in 300 WSM. What would be the best set of rings to top this off with? I have seen several suggestions on other threads for Warne Mountain Tech, Leupold PRW, Vortex Pro, and Talley Lightweight.

I have used Leupold, Vortex, and Talley before. I am not a fan of the Talley vertical split rings as they are a true hassle.

I'm a buy once, cry once kind of guy. I have yet to go on a western hunt, so I am unfamiliar with the particular rigors involved.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I like Hawkins Precision ultralight tactical rings for my hunting rifles. Strong, lightweight, and include a level.

If weight is not/less of an object than American Rifle Company M10's are among the best available and my personal favorite. I put them on my long range rigs that aren't necessarily going to be carried into the backcountry.

Either will hold up to whatever rigors you have in store for them, and I would put both above anything you have listed.

I like Hawkins Precision ultralight tactical rings for my hunting rifles. Strong, lightweight, and include a level.

If weight is not/less of an object than American Rifle Company M10's are among the best available and my personal favorite. I put them on my long range rigs that aren't necessarily going to be carried into the backcountry.

Either will hold up to whatever rigors you have in store for them, and I would put both above anything you have listed.
I will look into those. Thank you. What makes you prefer each over those I listed?

Weight is ALWAYS a consideration hunting the mountains out west. My weight target is 10lbs or less with a fully equipped and loaded rifle. Ozs turn into lbs, lbs turn into sweat.

I have yet to go on a western hunt, so I am unfamiliar with the particular rigors involved.
I have yet to see scopes or rings made for a specific hunting area. Go with what you have the best personal experience with unless you want to try something new. My .300 WSM has a set of Burris XTR signature that allows up to 40 MOA of cant. Sometimes, this boils down to personal preference and intended purpose. Good luck!

I have yet to see scopes or rings made for a specific hunting area. Go with what you have the best personal experience with unless you want to try something new. My .300 WSM has a set of Burris XTR signature that allows up to 40 MOA of cant. Sometimes, this boils down to personal preference and intended purpose. Good luck!
Th best mounts and rings I have are Near Mfg. out of Canada. On the thumpers haven't had one to give up yet. If your shooting something more than a popgun I would suggest you check them out. I suspect that the top of the receiver will give up before the mounts and rings. Happy shooting.

Weight is ALWAYS a consideration hunting the mountains out west. My weight target is 10lbs or less with a fully equipped and loaded rifle. Ozs turn into lbs, lbs turn into sweat.

I have used Leupold, Talley (both QR and LWT) and Weaver. My rifles have been horseback, on Jeeps, ATV's and have occasionally been used as canes. Haven't had a set of rings fail yet. My primary hunting rifle from the mid 80's to mid 00's had Weavers and a Leupold 2-7 and never had to be re-zeroed in all that time. Just use what works that is lightweight.

Th best mounts and rings I have are Near Mfg. out of Canada. On the thumpers haven't had one to give up yet. If your shooting something more than a popgun I would suggest you check them out. I suspect that the top of the receiver will give up before the mounts and rings. Happy shooting.
I do not know if you meant to respond to me or the OP.

I like the Burris XTR signature rings. The rubber inserts will gain you up to 40 moa of elevation, plus there's no reason to lap or bed the rings. As a bonus, they won't leave ring marks on the scope.