Scope Rings and Bases Question?

BrowningBoy

Hi everyone Im new to LRH and I've been lurking around here for a while and decided to join because I have a few questions to ask.

I recently bought a Browning X Bolt and I havent decided which scope rings and bases combo I should get. Is the weaver style better then the dovetail or vice versa. I wont be shooting to far 500-600 yards max. Being that the x bolt has 4 screws per base I seem to be limited to scope bases.

Also did I put this in the right category.

Thanks

BrowningBoy,
Welcome to LRH. Wealth of knowledge here to hopefully steer you in the right direction, most of the time.
Not sure that the Picatinny/Weaver style bases/rings are any stronger than the STD and Dual Dovetail's. I use both and have been pleased with each.
There are a few setups for the X-bolt. I did a search on midwayusa.com and found 2 pages of applicable accessories.
You could alway use either the Leupold Dual Dovetail or STD or the Burris STD mounts and then, depending on the scope (1" or 30mm) get the applicable Burris Signature rings which would allow you to add MOA to you setup. JohnnyK.

You could alway use either the Leupold Dual Dovetail or STD or the Burris STD mounts and then, depending on the scope (1" or 30mm) get the applicable Burris Signature rings which would allow you to add MOA to you setup. JohnnyK.

Agreed.

I have the Burris signature rings with both a dual dovetail setup as well as a standard mounts etup (dovetail front, windage screw rear). The DD will be a bit stronger but the windage screws of the standard mount do make it easier to line up the scope, barrel and POI. Just be sure to torque those windage screws correctly so they don't loosen up on you.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.