scope rings and base.......help!

Nikolakangrga

I would like to purchase new base and rings for my kimber montana .300WM......

Iam looking for something I can rely on and trust will stay snug and rugged. What do you guys recommend? (if money was no issue)

Thanks.
nick-

There are TONS of different brands of mounts out there these days. I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs of them all. However, I don't think you could go wrong with a picatinny or 1913 rail type base and some sort of tactical rings. They are made by alot of companies, and costs range from under $50 to over $250.

I've long been a NightForce fan, most of their mounts are the tactical rail style. They suggest that if you don't want NF brand then to consider the Warne or Tally brands........their recomendations for their scopes.

I don't know what bases will fit the Kimber action. I don't have any experience w/ kimber other than their 1911 pistols.

You can uses lighter, more streamlined mounts and rings from Leupold or Burris or alot of others too if the tactical rings are too big or heavy for your liking.........TONS of choices.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.