Scope ring lock nut - which side is best?

Topshot

I am looking to mount my NF rings onto my 20 MOA base and have been trying to deside which side of the rifle is best to have the lock nuts.

On other rifles I have seen there seems to be no particular golden rule, but more seem to be on the left side?

On the right side they could limit access to the mag for loading and on the left side they could limit the view of the bubble level or ACI.

So what do you think is best?

I mount mine on the left side, for no particular reason. Does not block my view of the ACI, and my anti-cant device is uptop.

I am looking to mount my NF rings onto my 20 MOA base and have been trying to deside which side of the rifle is best to have the lock nuts.

On other rifles I have seen there seems to be no particular golden rule, but more seem to be on the left side?

On the right side they could limit access to the mag for loading and on the left side they could limit the view of the bubble level or ACI.

So what do you think is best?

There is no "BEST" just the way that looks and works best for you.

I place mine on the left side away from the port.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.