Scope recommendations

Rob7mm

I am new to the group but but do some long range shooting/hunting. I am rebarreling a savage 7mm with a 1/8 twist barrel. Looking to shoot Hammer or simular rounds. Have a Mauser 98 action in .257 I shoot to 500 yards. The place I live I have ability to shoot to around 1k yards. Trying to figure out first or second focal point scope. Without saving for another bunch of months. I am about $1200 to spend on a scope. Looking for recommendations plan on hitting a few places to actually look though some of the scope hopefully. Thanks in advance.

Advanced search and look at the threads below. Lots of information from A to Z usually covered.

From Eastern shore Maryland. Have looked in on this site for the last year or so. Had done a few searches before joining. Saw some for MZ loader and older post with scopes no longer made. Thank you for the replies so far.

A used Gold Eagle from Vortex would not be a bad choice and would fit your budget.

Will do some more refined searches when I get off work tonight. I am from Eastern shore Maryland
Welcome and the forum is a great information and experience source. You will get suggestions from A to Z and from $1-1million. Just find what you are willing to try and let er rip chip!!!!

Maybe someone near you has one to show you but for the money spent I have been more impressed with Tract optics than any others. You can call and talk to one of the Jon's there and I would bet they will sell/send you one to look at and take it back if you aren't impressed. Mine tracks as close to perfect as I can measure, super bright and crystal clear with the best color of any scope I have looked through. The grey/blue color of the scope itself isn't ideal to me but it isn't a deal breaker either.

If you planning on hunting don't forget that you probably do not want to go above 4x on the lower end or you will lose FOV. In that price range I suggest planning on a 30 mm tube and I prefer illuminated reticle. I'm 50 and it seems to help my older eyes.

As far as brands in that range Leupold VX5 is a nice option Leica has the Amplus that is also a nice option. Don't sleep on the Trijicon Credo I have looked through it next to a NightForce SHV and for me it was much clearer.
Most importantly welcome to the best forum on the internet and have fun with all of your choices.

Brent