Scope Recommendations

Hey guys does anyone have that huge table that one user put together and posted here? It had a lot of scopes sorted by weight, cost, and focal plane. I meant to save the file but didn't.

Huskemaw 5-20x50 26.6oz.
Amongst my S&B, Nightforce, March,etc, high end scopes I have used the Huskemaw 5x20x50 scope which has performed flawlessly for about eight seasons. With dozens of game animals and varmints taken to 1200+yards, I'm loathe to even think about switching it out for one of my higher end scopes with my go-to LR rifle. While there is better glass out there(it's about the same as the NF/NXS) the tracking, reliability, size/weight, and controls can stand with the best, IMO.

Sightron scopes I think is best bang for buck. I own 4 Sightron III 10-50x60.
They are not a NIGHTFORCE but they have excellent turrets and excellent glass.
You can buy the big scopes like i have for under $1000.00
Warranty ( life time ) is great if you have to use it. Marty
I also own 4 Siii Sightrons (10-50x60). Great scopes/value. I also have a March 8-80 for my long range (1 mile) targets but its out of the price range.

Last edited:
Looking for a lighter quality scope
At least 20x but would prefer at least 25.

The scopes I'm looking at are
Vortex AMG
Leaupold Mark 5 hd
Nightforce SHV
Nightforce NXS

Am I missing any other scopes on the lighter side? Around 30.0 oz and under

Nightforce is coming out with new NX8 line supposedly in mid June. The 4-32 x 50 may fit the bill. Purported to be 28 oz. could pull double duty

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.