Scope Question for Pete Lincoln

dakor

I know you like S&B and say they are the best scope. I would like your opinion on the Zeiss 6.5-20X50 Conquest. What are your thoughts?

Dakor, hi. I'd compare the 6.5-20x50 conquest to the NXS.
The conquest line of scopes are the cheap and chearfull Zeis / Hensolds. They are not on par with the S&B PMII's but i'd chose the Conquest over a similar Leupold any day. They have good lenses, from what i can tell have proved to be reliable.
I've often though about the conquests to equip my estate rifles, rifle that i rent to visiting hunters, but the Hungarian S&B's are also perfect for that.
If i was in the market for a scope with high magnification, couldn't afford a PMII, then i would probably go with the Conquest.
Regards Pete

Thanks Pete that is the scope I was thinking of getting. I have leupy now but the Ziess just seems a lot more clear and yes I am having tracking problems with the Leupy not happy about it either. Infact I have had a few out of the 20 I have owned that didn't track right. Kinda ****es you off when you spend $800 bucks and the cheap simmons you have tracks fine just lacks in the glass department.

You'll probably find a decent price on the conquest in the USA as they are made there, i can't buy them here trade for what ive seen retail there,
good luck with em, let us know what you think of them. Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.