Scope mounts

jtr1997

I have a tikka t3 300 wsm and am planning on putting a vortex viper hst 6-24x50 on it this summer. I need rings and am curious what you guys think i should do, get rings that mount to the gun like talley, or a piccatiny rail? Also what height rings will i need, i think medium but am unsure.

I have a tikka t3 300 wsm and am planning on putting a vortex viper hst 6-24x50 on it this summer. I need rings and am curious what you guys think i should do, get rings that mount to the gun like talley, or a piccatiny rail? Also what height rings will i need, i think medium but am unsure.

IMO, Burris Zee Rings with inserts mounted on a bedded 20 MOA picatinny rail. Ring height should be just enough to leave space (approx. 1/16") between the barrel and the scope's objective lense bell.

The Burris rings with the inserts are called Signature rings. The Zee, I think, refers to the need for Weaver type bases. I have some Zee rings here I would let go for a song, practically. I thought they were Signatures till I got them home.

IMO, Burris Zee Rings with inserts mounted on a bedded 20 MOA picatinny rail. Ring height should be just enough to leave space (approx. 1/16") between the barrel and the scope's objective lense bell.

Burris 1 Signature Zee Weaver-Style Rings-1-signature-zee-weaver-style-rings?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Burris 30mm Signature Zee Weaver-Style Rings Matte-30mm-signature-zee-weaver-style-rings-matte?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Burris 1 Zee Weaver-Style Rings-1-zee-weaver-style-rings?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Burris 30mm Zee Weaver-Style Rings Matte High-30mm-zee-weaver-style-rings-matte-high

Burris 1 Signature Ring ***-Align Offset Inserts Installation Kit .005-1-signature-ring-***-align-offset-inserts-installation-kit-005-010-and-020?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Burris 1 Signature Ring ***-Align Offset Inserts-1-signature-ring-***-align-offset-inserts?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Can't find any separate listing for inserts to use with the 30mm rings but the MidwayUSA.com listing says, " These steel rings include a pivoting synthetic insert that increases the scope-to-ring mounting surface while protecting the scope finish. Additional ***-Align Offset Inserts can be purchased (sold separately) to correct any misalignment of receiver holes or rings or even to provide additional windage and elevation adjustment.
But they don't say where the can be purchased.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.