scope mounts

chris What do you think of the warne tach rings and bases. wont the bases exsp. weaver type rings. thanks marlow

Weaver bases and Burris Sig rings w/ inserts. I don't put my rifles in a scabbard but do use my gear 'pretty' hard and shoot lots. So far, no issues.

The new stuff you buy today has improved hardware and increased material - stronger. I doubt anyone will damage these without first destroying the scope. I have broken many torx head wrenches with not so much as dinging their screws. Yes, I like my stuff on tight and the hardware will take it easily.

You can shim the scope, never need to lap, and no ring marks. All for 1/3 the cost of 'tactical' rings.

Jerry

kirby,i've been eyeballing the bagers too.glad to hear you like them.i sent you an e-mail and not sure if it was blocked,just keeping in touch for an update? e-me when you get a chance.getting close to a decision on tactical optics

Chris, just curious.... do you ever make your own base/rail or go with badger directly ?
does badger have a base for nesika actions or you have to use the blank they offer?

Badger. He makes them best, so I stick to what I do best- making rifles.
They don't make one for Nesika- the Nesika made base is pretty good.

thanks for the link 3 six. The rifle I want to put these on is being delayed and wont get here until next week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.