Scope mounts for Rem 700

jonj

Hello gents,

I´m getting an Left handed Remington 700 VSF in .308Win in the nex few days. I already have a Swarovski PH 6-24x50 with 30mm tube that will go on top of it. Since I would like to get into long range shooting and the scope has limited internal MOA I was thinking about getting a Burris Signature rings with inserts for mounting it. Now I would like your recommendations on which base I should get (Badger/Farrell etc are a bit too expensive for my taste)?

Thanks,
jonj

Thanks for the reply. I´m a bit of a greenhorn in these matters so I would like to know which you recommend 1 or 2 piece base and also which is superior mounting system dual dovetail or weaver type and if both systems would work on a LH Rem 700 short action?
Thanks

Jonj,

I answered on AR to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't look into Badger rings and bases because they hurt the wallet.....thats what I have ordered for my .243 and will get them for the .300 RUM as well.

I was impressed by the reviews I had read about them and thought well you only live once I will shell out for a set. From what others say there brilliant.

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple"> Don't look into Badger rings and bases because they hurt the wallet.....thats what I have ordered for my .243 and will get them for the .300 RUM as well.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Save your money. Get the new [image] http://www.burrisoptics.com/images/tacticalrings1.gif[/image] Burris 30mm Xtreme Tactical Picatinny Style Ring

tacticalrings1.gif

Strong and <font color="purple"> CHEAPER </font>. Get a Sinclair lapping kit too.

Just ordered these
Nice find BigBore.
156357 Burris 30mm Xtreme Tactical Picatinny-Style Rings Matte High Package of 2
$39.99
381092 Burris 30mm Xtreme Tactical Picatinny-Style Rings Matte Medium Package of 2
$39.99
383582 Burris 30mm Xtreme Tactical Picatinny-Style Rings Matte Extra High Package of 2
$39.99

Ill go with cris on the one piece weaver and warne mounts just from personal exsp. very rugged in hunting conditions. marlow

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.