Scope mounts for Howa 1500 varminter

trap

Wondering if anyone knows what fits this particular gun. It's a .223 caliber. Thanks

I've got two Weatherby Vanguards (same thing) and I use Rem 700 mounts on them and it all works out fine , I think that the standard 700 mouns actualy add somthing like 5 moa

[ QUOTE ]
J. Jones is right. All Howas, Vanguards, S&W's, and Colts are just re-named Rem's and take Rem 700 bases and they work great!

[/ QUOTE ]
Didnt know Rems had m-16 extractors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Not "renamed rems" but they do take Rem bases, and i guess triggers as well.

cheers,
JB

The Howa 1500 and Vanguards take Rem bases and use a two lug bolt and thats about all they have in common with the Rem 700 , the botom of the action is sort of like the M-98 or Win 64 , flat with a built in recoil lug , and the trigger is nothing like the Rem 700. Timminy does offer a good one for this action though.
These actions are actualy a real good base for a build as they are realy strong and their are several stock makers out their that inlet for it. I believe that the threads in the action are metric though but any good smith is gonna recut them anyway when he rebarrels it.

Thanks for the help guys, I purchased a thumbhole SS Pepper in .223. Just had to make sure that the bases were common, not that I have to wait another week to shoot some yotes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Sorry guys, but the recievers are what you mount bases to and that is what I was talking about. And if you look at the recievers (where the bases go) they are almost identical and they were made that way on purpose to be like a Remington. WTH does extractors have to do with bases???

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.