Scope mounting

I have scope mounts rails and rings and one piece. I used Leupold dovetail rings and bases for years both in one piece and 2 piece. I don't consider them to be much of a scope mount any more.

They were first designed around 1960 or 1950 I guess I don't know the design is probably older than I am. Leupold got them from Redfield and all they've done nothing to them since but make them cheaper IMO. I am not trying to start something!!!! They're still materially and functionally adequate in many cases.

I like the talley 1 piece for a mount on a medium range hunting rig their quality for the price is really good.

Lately I have been using mounts from near manufacturing. They make an all in one alpha hunter mount that is really outstanding has a 300.00 price tag IMHO is worth every penny.

I have 3 scopes mounted on near rails with seekins precision rings and nightforce ultralights and if you need a canted scope base that's probably about as good as it gets.

I have found after hunting and shooting more years than I care to count that quality optics are worth the investment and mounting a 1000.00 plus scope with 70.00 worth of bases doesn't make sense.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

I was searching my stuff and found some Leupold Quick release rings. Mounted my scope and sighted in yesterday. I notice release lever moved a bit, so I turned it a bit, and it threw my sighting in session off the paper . I have the Burris extreme tactical on two other rifles ,so decided time to have them on three rifles and be done with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts