Scope mounting options

KyleC

This is for a LW hunting rifle. Rings and a rail or Talley LW's? Scope will either be a Nightforce NXS 5-20x50 or Swarovski 3.5-18x44.

The weight difference will be so small you'll probably not notice anywhere but on paper. I personally like Seekins and Burris Signature rings. I think Seekins rings on a rail are probably the better bet. I bet you get away with their low rings. I'm running a 58mm objective with Seekins low rings on a heavy barrel rifle with a 20MOA rail on a Savage. Any bigger and it'd touch so that should hopefully give you an idea of clearances with those. No, they're not ultra light but the one ounce or so difference isn't enough to cry over IMHO.

I ended up going with a Seekins rail and Nightforce Ultralite rings. The Tallys would be lighter but I was concerned about the Tally to action interface slipping.

Maybe if you could have the Tallys pinned? Even then since they are two piece you would have to lap the rings.

Talley lightweights accomplish just that and are simple. I agree with Rdy rail and Seekins are stout. Rail and March rings look like sweet combo. NF rings look similar to March rings.

I always run rail and rings now days. I like seekins rails also along with a set of their precision rings. Stout LW combo. Also look at Hawkins Precision they got some very nice rings along with direct mount hybrid rings if you don't want to run a base and still allow you to run 20 moa cant. I think Hawkins is a step above talley in quality and appearance IMHO. Best of luck brother.

KYLE -
I just ordered a hard to find Picatinny rail for Sako 85 and was happy to find in Aluminum anodized black. Did not see steel ones but the manufacture Era - Tac I believe is German so have confidence in structural integrity. But I too am interested in others opinion.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.