scope lost zero when maxed out

Thanks for all the advice. I am gunna send the scope in for inspection. I have a buddy thats interested in a trade. The mark 4 for a VXIII. Any thoughts on these scopes??? I know ninightforce is better but this is convinant. Or would u all recommend just selling it and saving for the nightforce?
Just get it repaired.

Before I even went that far though I'd switch scopes and make sure there isn't another problem somewhere first.

Old, old thread but some familiar faces.

I have a Leupold VX5HD that will not adjust up more than 37 MOA. My range has steel targets at 1250 yards, which would put me at 35.8 MOA with my 6.5 PRC. This is right on the edge of the scopes elevation allotment.

I thought I read somewhere that shooting with a scope on the edges of its elevation travel is not good for it. Is this true or am I imagining I read this.

This is common thing with the mark 4. You'll need to send it in. It's been a thing for over 20 years through out it's military service.

Last edited:
Old, old thread but some familiar faces.

I have a Leupold VX5HD that will not adjust up more than 37 MOA. My range has steel targets at 1250 yards, which would put me at 35.8 MOA with my 6.5 PRC. This is right on the edge of the scopes elevation allotment.

I thought I read somewhere that shooting with a scope on the edges of its elevation travel is not good for it. Is this true or am I imagining I read this.
Sloped rails are your friend.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

No the rail is on correctly. Leupold VX5 dials will not rotate further than 37 MOA regardless of scope rail.
I understand that but if your in the middle of your moa, example the 15 power vx5 has 75moa so in the middle you should have exactly 37.5 moa up now with a 20 moa rail should be 57.5 moa. up.
If you go from zero moa rail to 20moa you should have to dial down 20 moa to be zero again

What action? Just out of curiosity the rail couldn't be on backwards?

Elevation dial travel limit is actually 38 MOA per spec sheet. I wish it went further.

Attachments

• 07E6D06B-33F8-4B87-876F-93B49ACB4282.png
    07E6D06B-33F8-4B87-876F-93B49ACB4282.png
    131 KB · Views: 42