Scope level changing point of impact

Stetson

so I have a Remington 700 with vortex viper on it zeroed it at 100 had half inch groups noticed scope wasn't exactly level was alittle off not much at all the leveled it took it out again and was shooting 6 inches high and 6 inches right not sure if it's from leveling the scope or from the pretty rough drive I had with the rifle riding shotgun. Anyone have any ideas?

This is why I bought and fully believe in my Badger Ordnance Dead Level. Scope gets leveled and mounted and torqued off of the gun, then once mounted in the rings, it gets mounted on the rifle. That way you know that your scope is always level, and so is your rifle.

Yes ive had this happen to me sporting goods store mounted i sighted it in noticed it wasnt level bought lapping kit and leveling kit and do it myself now.

I also put a bubble level on all my scopes for distance shooting if your not level shooting to 1000yrds your bullet impact shift drastically

Depending on your final zero being above or below the center axis, will depend on your high or low impact after moving.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.