scope level anti-cant recomendations

I have 2 of the vortex, one on a vortex viper on my 22-250, and the other on a Millet 4-16x50 tactical on my 7mag. I set them both on the far side of the parallax knob, with the millet I have to raise my head slightly to see it (big parallax knob) with the viper it's easy to see without breaking position.

I have 2 of the vortex, one on a vortex viper on my 22-250, and the other on a Millet 4-16x50 tactical on my 7mag. I set them both on the far side of the parallax knob, with the millet I have to raise my head slightly to see it (big parallax knob) with the viper it's easy to see without breaking position.

I've seen that they have rail mounted levels and scoped mounted which ones are better cause if your rifle is level but you have your scope tilted a little bit it doesn't really work right

I used a target at 20 yards and I purchased one of these from Len at the long range store !

Accu/Level Articulating Scope Level By Flatline Ops

I have this set
Wheeler Engineering Level-Level-Level Scope Crosshair Leveling Tool

I prefer to use the rifle level (it sets on your bolt race way) and plumb bob, you line up your vertical cross hair with the string on the plumb bob. Thats not always possible though, so in that case I just set the other level on the turret or turret cap ( a good torpedo level will work for that also).

I use the FlatLine Ops exclusively any more. I'm not sure how it could be considered flimsy but I can guarantee my 338RUM couldn't/didn't bother it at all.

Easier to mount & level than my Holland for sure & has been repeatable in both positions.

Go FlatLine, you won't be sorry.

t

I use the FlatLine Ops exclusively any more. I'm not sure how it could be considered flimsy but I can guarantee my 338RUM couldn't/didn't bother it at all.

Easier to mount & level than my Holland for sure & has been repeatable in both positions.

Go FlatLine, you won't be sorry.

t

Ok I shoot a 300 wtby and jut wanted to know if when it folded out you could handle all of the recoil

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.