Scope help

alloutsmith3

I have my new scope selection narrowed down to either a Falcon 5.5-24x50 or the Millett TRS or LRS. Of these 3 which would you choose and if you have had any of them what have been your experience with them. Thanks

I hate to be a nay sayer here but make sure you do a lot of review checking on those choices. I have heard pretty terrible things about falcon (and therefore have no experience with them to speak of) and I bought a millett LRS and although it's neat to look at it sure sucks to look through. I have an $80 bushnell banner with better glass. Right now I have it sitting on a neat looking .22 just because I never shoot that gun. If your looking for something to familiarize yourself with different features and shoot out to 100 yards then millett is perfect. But if your wanting to reach further than that I would seriously reconsider your glass. I can personally vouch for vortex. I have been through a lot of different scopes trying to find one that I was comfortable with and wound up buying a 4-14x50 vortex viper( which has IMO better glass than my leupold vx-II) for like $400. Vortex definitely has the best bang for your buck in my experience so far. And read up on their warranty as well. That kind of guarantee is hard to beat. All this considered I do highly recommend putting in a lot of research here because it is possible that my millett was just a wreck that got shipped out unnoticed.

-Garry

I hate to be a nay sayer here but make sure you do a lot of review checking on those choices. I have heard pretty terrible things about falcon (and therefore have no experience with them to speak of) and I bought a millett LRS and although it's neat to look at it sure sucks to look through. I have an $80 bushnell banner with better glass. Right now I have it sitting on a neat looking .22 just because I never shoot that gun. If your looking for something to familiarize yourself with different features and shoot out to 100 yards then millett is perfect. But if your wanting to reach further than that I would seriously reconsider your glass. I can personally vouch for vortex. I have been through a lot of different scopes trying to find one that I was comfortable with and wound up buying a 4-14x50 vortex viper( which has IMO better glass than my leupold vx-II) for like $400. Vortex definitely has the best bang for your buck in my experience so far. And read up on their warranty as well. That kind of guarantee is hard to beat. All this considered I do highly recommend putting in a lot of research here because it is possible that my millett was just a wreck that got shipped out unnoticed.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.