Scope height with MOA base

dfanonymous

Measuring scope height from center of bore to center of scope, I've usually done from the rear using a micrometer. Basically I'd take the bolt out and measure center to center. It's worked for me for years. However, on a 20 or 30 moa base because of the tilt, do you guys measure the front, the rear or the middle tube of the scope to get the best scope height?

I've done it like this. In one of Sam's replies to questions asked concerning the moa base issue he says the rifle he demonstrates on in the video has a 40 moa base and he doesn't do anything any differently because it doesn't translate into a big enough margin of error to worry about.

I didn't watch the video, it might show the same way as my pictures . I just open the bolt even with the scope and measure center to center . if you use a caliper , just be careful of your glass .
P9050273.JPG
P9050274.JPG

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.