Scope for tikka t3x

Don't buy either. Save up a little more and you can get a much better scope optically and functionally. Even and additional $100-$200 will get you a large upgrade. Look at the Trijicon at EuroOptic. Here's the 2.5-10 Credo which is all made in Japan with ED glass. A fantastic option.

Don't buy either. Save up a little more and you can get a much better scope optically and functionally. Even and additional $100-$200 will get you a large upgrade. Look at the Trijicon at EuroOptic. Here's the 2.5-10 Credo which is all made in Japan with ED glass. A fantastic option.

honestly, why would you put that big of a scope on a light weight carry rig?
30mm tube and 56mm obj is huge!
i didnt even compare weight.

Last edited:
I have a Vortex Viper PST 6x24x50 and when I usually have the power turned down to 9 or 10 until I see something out a few hundred yards. Turning the power down will give you a quick aquisition with a generous eye relief...
i put that on my 300NM and shot it out to 1630yds!
i have the Gen 2 PST 5x25x50 on my 1k 6.5x47 Tactical set up.
both in ffp.

straight 6x is more than enough on a t3 for fixed pwr 10x makes it difficult up close.
absolutely no need to dial out to 300yds! or mess with parallax!
10x on top end is way more than enough for a t3!
anything bigger does nothing more than add weight,bulk and dials to **** with.
that is not a 500yd gun. 300yds has @9" drop and a but high at 200
yds

400-500yds plus , i would set up another gun with a heavier custom bbl , not a t3 dont ya think?

SWFA 3-9x42 in Sportsmatch rings is the easy button for Tikkas. Bombproof, simple, lightweight setup with a highly functional FFP reticle for a decent price.

152325.jpg

144702.jpg

honestly, why would you put that big of a scope on a light weight carry rig?
30mm tube and 56mm obj is huge!
i didnt even compare weight.
Honestly you must not have looked at the weight. It only weighs 25 OZ and is only 13" long. If you think a 30 mm tube is huge it's not. 34,35 are huge tubes. The scopes the OP asked about are as heavy and bigger (longer) in length. 2.5-10 zoom range is perfect IMO for what he's asking about. It was just a recommendation. Have a great day!

Last edited:
I just purchased a Leupold VX5 HD. Its 3X to 15 X on a 30mm tube with a 44mm Objective lens. Zero stop. Lighted reticle. New but , open box , not ever used. It's going on my Weatherby Ultralight in 270 win. Deer Rifle in July when it gets back from the factory . Getting a Muzzle break.

Honestly you must not have looked at the weight. It only weighs 25 OZ and is only 13" long. If you think a 30 mm tube is huge it's not. 34,35 are huge tubes. The scopes the OP asked about are as heavy and bigger (longer) in length. 2.5-10 zoom range is perfect IMO for what he's asking about. It was just a recommendation. Have a great day!
v3i is 11.4 oz. less than 1/2 that.
just saying, if OP is setting at a bench shooting it doesnt matter. but i am assuming since he bought a light weight carry gun, weight should be a factor.
all the groundhog matches around here banned factory guns shooting at 500yds due to the huge amounts of crossfires. not to say it cant be done

i set up 2 t3's up with 2.5x8 and they are hammering 4-5 deer a year each very well. look around and find them for $320 bucks
both shooting 150gr or 165gr

hey, let the OP decide if he wants a telescope on top.

v3i is 11.4 oz. less than 1/2 that.
just saying, if OP is setting at a bench shooting it doesnt matter. but i am assuming since he bought a light weight carry gun, weight should be a factor.
all the groundhog matches around here banned factory guns shooting at 500yds due to the huge amounts of crossfires. not to say it cant be done

i set up 2 t3's up with 2.5x8 and they are hammering 4-5 deer a year each very well. look around and find them for $320 bucks
both shooting 150gr or 165gr

hey, let the OP decide if he wants a telescope on top.
That's great! Glad you're satisfied with your gear. "Telescope", really? Get real man. Have a great day!

That's great! Glad you're satisfied with your gear. "Telescope", really? Get real man. Have a great day!

sorry, but yes. is yours on a ultralight t3 gun designed for carry?
do you really feel the need to adjust your power,set your paralax then dial your dope and shoot deer out to 300yds as OP stated ,, walking and stalking?

posted under basics and starting out

Last edited:
Hey there, was wondering which scope you think is better for the tikka T3x.

The vortex diamondback 4-16x44 or the 6-24x50.

I just bought my first hunting rifle, having never still hunt deer before. Wondering if it will be hard to see out of the 4-16x44. Or the 6-24x50 will be too big?
YES. they are both too big!

SWFA 3-9x42 in Sportsmatch rings is the easy button for Tikkas. Bombproof, simple, lightweight setup with a highly functional FFP reticle for a decent price.

View attachment 450353

View attachment 450352
perfect! i love ffp for holdover as the lines or dots work on all powers.

winner winner you get the chicken dinner.

here ya go Bigdiesel4 ,3x9 ffp with a few holdover lines will work well.

Last edited:
sorry, but yes. is yours on a ultralight t3 gun designed for carry?
do you really feel the need to adjust your power,set your paralax then dial your dope and shoot deer out to 300yds as OP stated ,, walking and stalking?

posted under basics and starting out
No and no but it is a lightweight muzzleloader. Why do you assume this needs to be done, parallax is not a feature on this scope. It's a 2.5-10 power scope. Great low low light optic and the 56 bell gobbles up the light at dusk and dawn. I run it on my muzzleloader with great success. Nice to have low power setting when sitting stand and only 50 yard shot. Also nice to be able to zoom a little up to 7-8 etc…. When a longer shot presents itself. No need to dial at 300 but if he wants it's there and available. Anyways….. sorry to OP for hijacking his post.

Proof in the pudding. 307 yard shot with my Muzzy on this Coues buck.

89F47090-96FC-4092-B936-10C81C7459EE.jpeg

Last edited:
I hunt with a T3x in 7mm-08 (ballistically similar to your .308) and was using a Meopta 3-9x40 and that was just fine. For me, I wouldn't take a shot past 450 yds so the 3-9 was perfect for deer sized game. The scope was nice and light too. Those larger scopes get heavy and expensive. I recently found a great deal on a Zeiss 4-16x44. I made the switch only because the higher magnification option makes it easier to zero my Tikka more precisely. Another thing to consider is that the higher in magnification you go, the more "shaky" your image appears. Unless of course, you're shooting from a super stable platform/position.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with the 4-16. It will be more than you need at ethical hunting distances and on the lower end, the 4x will give you a wider field of view for closer shots than the 6x on the larger scope. Plus, the smaller objective might allow you to mount the scope a little lower!

Another small piece of advice if I may. If you can, decide what you want and buy something really nice. Don't be like me and settle for a bunch of cheap scopes and then finally buy something nice. Buy once, cry once. Lol.

Congrats on your new found love for hunting! Spread the word and have an awesome time!! Cheers!

Last edited: