Scope for tikka t3x

bigdiesel4

Hey there, was wondering which scope you think is better for the tikka T3x.

The vortex diamondback 4-16x44 or the 6-24x50.

I just bought my first hunting rifle, having never still hunt deer before. Wondering if it will be hard to see out of the 4-16x44. Or the 6-24x50 will be too big?

Of the 2 scopes you listed, I'd go with the 4-16x44 for several reasons. Past 16x, scopes in that price range are generally not of high enough optical quality to be very useful. 16x will be enough to shoot as far as most would be able to shoot. The low end 4x vs 6x will be of help in short range situations and field of view will also be greater. The 44mm lense will allow for a more balanced rifle if both were mounted as low as possible. High magnification can also be a hinderence in regards to mirage. Just my opinions.

I just bought my first hunting rifle, having never still hunt deer before. Wondering if it will be hard to see out of the 4-16x44. Or the 6-24x50 will be too big?
Welcome to LRH, and enjoy!

Like @Sockeye66 , I would pick the lower magnification. Good luck and happy safe hunting.

appreciate that. I didn't see that optic on eurooptics. And I may agree with you but based off the research I did it seems like those vortex diamondback tactical are pretty good.

Also, i find it interesting that everyone here suggest the 14 because everyone here is telling me the 16.

Welcome to lrh! I agree with the others, 4-16 is the best choice of the 2. If you really want an ffp 4-16, look at the engage like sockeye mentioned. At $269 thats a great deal!

i put 2 vx3i 2.5x8x36 on 2 308's
light weight and plenty big enough.
diamonbacks are too clubby for me

Welcome to LRH!

You mentioned still hunting deer. What kind of country will you be hunting, what is the farthest shot you anticipate, and what cartridge is your Tikka chambered in?
Thanks! And it's .308. Live down here in SC so there's nice rolling hills and pines. Also plan to take it to the mountains at some point to hunt up there. And furthest shot would be 600 yards.