Scope for TC

robwill54

This will be my second season hunting with my Triumph and I'm considering adding a scope. I have a Leupold VX2 3X9. Would this be a good scope for my gun or should I buy a muzzleloader scope?

Bob

This will be my second season hunting with my Triumph and I'm considering adding a scope. I have a Leupold VX2 3X9. Would this be a good scope for my gun or should I buy a muzzleloader scope?

Bob

There's nothing wrong with the scope you have and it guaranteed for life. Personally I don't like dedicated muzzleloader scopes and especially when they offer a multi-reticle. However, it is good marketing and they're making TONS of money on them. Multi-reticle scopes are unnecessary IMO. A quality scope on an accurate rifle still means plenty of practice at intended ranges.

I had my choice and checked out both the Leupolds and Nikon scopes. I settled on the Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x50 and was so happy with it, I bought another.

Good luck with your decision.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts