Scope for Sheep Hunting Rifle

Reticals with lites, extra batteries, 30mm steel tubes. Man I wish I would have been on some of the sheep and goat hunts others have or least been in that good of shape to pack everything. You should add a flashlight in case you want to shoot at night. LOL

lit reticle makes thin hashes easy to pick up in low light. fresh batteries before the hunt and dont carry extras. 30mm tube means more elevation adjustment and greater light transmission.

lit reticle makes thin hashes easy to pick up in low light. fresh batteries before the hunt and dont carry extras. 30mm tube means more elevation adjustment and greater light transmission.

Amen! My eyes are getting old, and they are doing so faster than the rest of me. A lit reticle wasn't something necessary when I was 23, but 30 years later — it really matters. Actually I got my first scope with a lit reticle about 30 years ago, only because that was what the gunsmith had in stock to mount on my slug-gun. I was amazed how much faster I was to get on target when light was "less than perfect". It made me a better shot.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.