Scope for light weight rifle

I. Love. My. Leupold vari x 3 in 2.5x. To 8x. I think it's. Just. 12 ounces ! It's on. My weatherby. Ultra. Light in 270. Win , which is 5 3/4. Lbs ! No. Complaints. , use it. Fir. White tail. In west Virg

Don't be scared off by all the Leupold nay sayers on here. I have 2 scopes in my stable that I trust to turn true.....1st is my NF ATACR and the other is VX3i 4.5x14 (40). Never let me down and the glass is just as good as anything I look through. Oh yea, IT'S LIGHT WEIGHT!
I have all the expenssive scopes. Nf, march, swaro, leica, v razor, do, etc. I still love my leopold vx 3, 5, 6 and mk 4 scopes.

A good option is a Zeiss HT 2.5-10x50 with ASV+ turrets. Best glass (Schott), light, compact, illuminated reticle, reliable, with around 19.3 ounces.

I'm building a light weight 5 1/2 pound rifle and wondering what the best scope is that weighs no more than a pound. It doesn't make any sense to me to spend more money to go light only to put a heavy scope on it. I'm looking at a Leupold
VX3i 4-14 30mm tube with a windplex but if there is something better out there that isn't over a pound I'm interested. I don't shoot over 800 yards.
Swarosvki Z3 or Z5

Perhaps I don't understand the subtensions, and I surely can't do it from my phone on their website. I don't get how one would get .1-.2 mil measurements off it for range calcs.