Scope for light weight rifle

Up until today I would say the same thing. My old gold ring with the parallax adjustment on the objective VX3 4.5-14 crapped out on my today. Rifle and loads that normally shoot .5 or better were all over the place. The only explanation is that it's not holding zero anymore. The mounts are all torqued to spec and it feels solid. It's seen some abuse, I wonder if they will fix it.
Nothing lives forever.

I own the Maven and it's really nice..

SWFA, 2.5-10x32, 9.5 oz

Maven RS.2, 2-10x38, 12.4 oz

I'm building a light weight 5 1/2 pound rifle and wondering what the best scope is that weighs no more than a pound. It doesn't make any sense to me to spend more money to go light only to put a heavy scope on it. I'm looking at a Leupold
VX3i 4-14 30mm tube with a windplex but if there is something better out there that isn't over a pound I'm interested. I don't shoot over 800 yards.

SWFA SS 10x42 Tactical 30mm Riflescope when you can get your hands on one. 18.7 OZs $299.95

I tried to delete this post, upon seeing jwbronco's suggestions above. Apparently there isn't a way, that I can find, for a poster to delete their own post. ;-(

Last edited:
I'm building a light weight 5 1/2 pound rifle and wondering what the best scope is that weighs no more than a pound. It doesn't make any sense to me to spend more money to go light only to put a heavy scope on it. I'm looking at a Leupold
VX3i 4-14 30mm tube with a windplex but if there is something better out there that isn't over a pound I'm interested. I don't shoot over 800 yards.
Have a look at Swarovski- Z5 scopes.

+1 on the swaro z5

95% of hunter would not be able to shoot long range with such a light rifle. Might want to rethink the weight your looking at unless you have the skill to shoot that type of rifle. An expensive build that is not usable by the shooter is just another light weight rifle. You can build one a little heavier with better results. I run a Fierce Carbon Titanium 300 PRC with a Mark5 5-25x56 that only weighs 8Lbs 9oz. The heavier scope adds a nice balance to the rifles as well as doubles as a spotting scope. I only point this out because I did what you are wanting to do only to find out I was part of the 95% group.
Currently I'm shooting a 6.5x47 Rebel action, Bartein spiral fluted 2B barrel, McMillan varmint edge stock,VX3 4-15 30MM. It weighs 7.35 # On a cloudy day I shot 1 5/8" group @600 and 2.5" @800. My son and daughter-in-law like to borrow it cause it easy to carry. They have shoot 3 bulls @550,500&250 several deer690 max and I've shot several prairie goats 350 max. So why build a lighter one you ask? Cause I'm due to draw a sheep tag so what better excuse to build a new gun. You can watch my Daughter-in-law shoot her 550 yd bull by going to YouTube and searching 2017 WY Elk Hunt

Currently I'm shooting a 6.5x47 Rebel action, Bartein spiral fluted 2B barrel, McMillan varmint edge stock,VX3 4-15 30MM. It weighs 7.35 # On a cloudy day I shot 1 5/8" group @600 and 2.5" @800. My son and daughter-in-law like to borrow it cause it easy to carry. They have shoot 3 bulls @550,500&250 several deer690 max and I've shot several prairie goats 350 max. So why build a lighter one you ask? Cause I'm due to draw a sheep tag so what better excuse to build a new gun. You can watch my Daughter-in-law shoot her 550 yd bull by going to YouTube and searching 2017 WY Elk Hunt
Congrats 5%.