Scope for around 2k - Colorado/Wyoming hunting

I have the NX8 4-32 and I love it. It as well as any FFP at low power will be difficult to see in dark timber with low light. Turning the illumination will help quite a bit. I walk around with mine on 6-8 power helps with reticle size.
The only issue with that is I think Colorado does not allow illuminated reticles?

Are you happy with the highlander, been looking at those for a while, not many to be had, never seen one in person. Thanks
So far I absolutely love it. BUT I have not been able to shoot it yet. My scope base is on week 4 of backorder, so who knows when that will arrive. I really want to break in the barrel and then find the elusive H1000 before I comment on the accuracy or anything. But it's a Bergara, so I know it will be a shooter.

I was in the same boat, could not find the rifle in stock anywhere and ended up going 3 hours to get it. It feels great, the action is smooth and the trigger is crisp. I was between this and the CA Mesa, and literally everyone on this site said get the Bergara and don't look back. Check out the thread here: https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/bergara-premier-highlander-vs-christensen-arms-mesa.258971/

I have the NX8 4-32 sfp. Better than the NXS optically and lighter. I elk hunt in an area that has big timber so I opted for the SFP so I could see the reticle clearly there. The glass is not on par with the Swarovski or Zeiss scopes in my estimation but my eyes are getting old and tired. Would I buy another NX8 - yes.
I have not looked through any Zeiss, but there are a ton of recommendations on this thread. Do you know if the scope track consistently. At the end of the day, I can handle if one glass is slightly worse then the other, I just want a reliable scope that holds zero consistently.

I have not looked through any Zeiss, but there are a ton of recommendations on this thread. Do you know if the scope track consistently. At the end of the day, I can handle if one glass is slightly worse then the other, I just want a reliable scope that holds zero consistently.
I have a V6 3-18 on one of my rifles and have not had any issues with tracking. Glass is great, solid turret adjustment and light in weight too.

So far I absolutely love it. BUT I have not been able to shoot it yet. My scope base is on week 4 of backorder, so who knows when that will arrive. I really want to break in the barrel and then find the elusive H1000 before I comment on the accuracy or anything. But it's a Bergara, so I know it will be a shooter.

I was in the same boat, could not find the rifle in stock anywhere and ended up going 3 hours to get it. It feels great, the action is smooth and the trigger is crisp. I was between this and the CA Mesa, and literally everyone on this site said get the Bergara and don't look back. Check out the thread here: https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/bergara-premier-highlander-vs-christensen-arms-mesa.258971/
Thanks a bunch now I just have to find one!

I have a nx8 4-32 moar. I love the scope BUT, on 4 power is is almost useless unless the retical is lighted.

I also have a maven rs1 5-30 love the scope same problem as the NF, it's better but not great.

I will say the mark 5 with the gunwerks retical is the best FFP Hunting scope around. On low power either the 3.6 or the 5. It offers a "European 3 post" where it is very easy to find the center of the crosshairs to take quick/close shots. And as you zoom in you can define your wind holds and elevation.

Just my 2 cents.

I have a nx8 4-32 moar. I love the scope BUT, on 4 power is is almost useless unless the retical is lighted.

I also have a maven rs1 5-30 love the scope same problem as the NF, it's better but not great.

I will say the mark 5 with the gunwerks retical is the best FFP Hunting scope around. On low power either the 3.6 or the 5. It offers a "European 3 post" where it is very easy to find the center of the crosshairs to take quick/close shots. And as you zoom in you can define your wind holds and elevation.

Just my 2 cents.
How do you think the NX8 4-32 scope would be with SFP?

How do you think the NX8 4-32 scope would be with SFP?
It would be fine. I use to use the nxs 5.5-22. The only gripe I have with it is. Like all SFP scope you have to be on true magnification or 1/2 magnification. That's kind of why I upgraded to the nx8. But the moar isn't bold enough for me in the dark timber/ close up quick shots.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts