Scope for a 300 Win Mag

BigDiesel

I just bought a Savage 11/111 FCNS and I'm looking for suggestions on a scope. I will be using this for hunting and also target shooting. I would eventually like to be able to shoot 1000 yds right now I only have access to shoot approx 750 yards. I would like a good scope but would like to try and stay under $1000. Thanks for the input.

For 1k you have lots of options. A used nightforce might be around that price, SWFA SS line has a 3-15 for 700 that is great, Viper PST is another option. I had a 10X ss on my 300wm and it was good to 1000 yards; I now have a Sightron siii on it.

I have a Leupold VX-3 4-14 power. For target shooting, I feel like this scope does very well out to about 650 to 700 yards. Beyond that and I feel like I could use more magnification. I also think this scope is a very good choice for hunting deer size game and larger at the above distances. Just me, but if I was shooting out to 1000 yards, I would want 20 or 25 power, but then you may go over your budget of $1000.

Good Luck

I have the Nightforce SHV 4-14x56 w/IHR reticle mounted on a 270wsm. I dont shoot much so I cant tell you how it is for that. But for hunting it is hard to beat in my opinion. Non-illuminated is right at $1K

Just put a NF SHV 5-20X56 on my 300 WIN MAG. So far I like it. MOAR reticle illuminated. Id say either this one or Sightron S3 or Vortex PST in that order for around 1K.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.